Mydesignersofa.com, Dagmara Designs LLC, dagmaradesigns.com FRAUD non delivery of product
Update added by user Jun 17, 2013
Mymodernsofa and mymodernsofa.com is the new name / URL for mydesignersofa and mydesignersofa.com. The old URL redirects to her new site. Dagmara Designs LLC in Peoria, Arizona is trying to rebrand to escape negative reviews.
This review is a true and accurate record of what transpired when ordering a sofa through this company. Every comment and update can be substantiated. I have numerous emails between the seller and myself as well as back and forth with the BBB and other Conumer Protection advocates and government agencies that document the long, drawn out prosess and numerous lies this seller told to hold on to my money while my order was indefinitely delayed.
In the end I did get a sofa, but it took well over 5 months to get it- and I was forced to pay more for shipping than originally agreed upon at time of purchase. To date I have received nothing from this vendor for free, nor have I requested anything for free.
When the sofa arrived there were quality issues (the wood frame warped, either in shipment or during factory production) which the wholesaler promised to correct, but later recinded as they lost their ability to export goods from china.
This entire order was a disaster. I had to wait nearly half a year to get a poor quality piece at a high quality price. In the end I'm out over $2000. I will be purchasing a new sofa later this year, but certainly not from Dagmara Malinowski AKA Dagmara Pospiech or mymodernsofa.com
Update added by user Mar 08, 2013
I received my sofa February 22nd, over 5 months from when I originally placed my order. I was also charged more for shipping than originally agreed to, and even though the shipping invoice clearly read "inside delivery" the company which delivered the sofa to us left it outside.
This sofa was a replacement from one previously made by shangrila china. My original sofa was great, however there were some issues with the new peice from mydesignersofa / dagmara designs, I have contacted Jan directly to see if we can resolve.
I feel if Dagmara had made me aware of the delays from the begining and kept me honestly informed about my order's status I think I would have had a much different and more statisfactory experience. When she discovered it could take over 5 months for the sofa to be delivered instead of letting me know the situation and allowing me the option of cancelling my order knowing I needed the sofa in approx 3 and a half months, she changed the terms on her website to reflect the new timeframe and told me that had been what I originally agreed to.
She also refused to let me cancel my order when I first requested in late October, which she easily could have done and suffered no financial loss as couch construction did not begin for another 2 months after that.
I am hoping I can resolve the construction issues with the manufacturer, because the first sofa I received from them years ago was top knotch. I would like to be able to reccomend Shangrila China again. I cannot, however, reccomend anyone buy a sofa from Dagmara through mydesignersofa.com . I'm glad I finally received a product, though not as nice as I had anticipated, and the order process was a complete nightmare.
Update added by user Feb 11, 2013
I have been told my sofa was in LA since mid January. When will the sofa ship? I can't get an answer.
Also when someone tries to email any address for shangrila china they get the following error:
"Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently
Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 Unrouteable address (state 13)."
Also Shangrila China's toll free # goes to a debt relief hotline. :x
Update added by user Jan 04, 2013
It is now January and I STILL don't have my sofa.MyDesignerSofa.com emailed me on Dec 18th to tell me it was going into the container and was on its way, then they turned around later that VERY SAME DAY and told a consumer protection organization that they had "lost money" due to my complaints on the internet and had no plans to ship the couch and were cancelling my order.
When the consumer protection agency forwarded me the email Dagmara Pospiech sent them I was in shock! These last two weeks I kept emailing them for a tracking number and now I know why I haven't received one. Lied to YET AGAIN by this shady company. I also came across an ad they ran in November that said order now and receive your sofa by christmas.
I placed my order in SEPTEMBER 2012, it's now 2013!
Where is my couch!Unbelievable.
Original review posted by user Nov 12, 2012
I ordered a sofa from mydesignersofa.com owned and operated by Dagmara Designs, LLC more than 2 months ago.Sent numerous emails throughout the first 2 months checking up on my order, each time I was told sofa was being built and pictures would be sent soon.
Finally at the end of the second month I requested a due date, it was at this time I was told they hadn't even started on the sofa yet and I should check back in "a few more weeks". I requested a refund and was refused- even though no build had begun. I mistakenly paid for this purchase through paypal who does not offer buyer protection for custom made orders, even though no order has been produced. After opening up a BBB complaint the company again promised pictures in 2 days.
After a week had passed both myself and the BBB contacted the company again, this time they sent me pictures of an incomplete sofa that does not even match my order. With all the lies I have been told I doubt this sofa is even mine. They are still refusing to cancel the order or refund my money.
I feel like I'm in ***.DON'T BUY FROM THEM.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Curved Sectional Sofa
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "It started off on a good note whereby I spoke with Michele La Flesch, the Executive Project Manager/Showroom Manager (Michele.Laflesch@ClosetFactory.com) (Office Phone: 310-516-7500 x240 & Cellular Phone: 310-404-8225)..."
- "We ordered a bedroom set priced at over $1000 and made the required monthly payments per our contract. A final payment was made and we were told by the manager..."
- "The following is a brief breakdown of publicly available information regarding Seth Grano CFPÂ®, his securities sales practices, and his FINRA regulatory history.Seth Erik Grano is a FINRA Registered Representative..."
- "WARNING!! Attorney Kiarash Shampoo AKA Kia Champion Is A *** ARTIST! Encino, California BEWARE of a scam artist by the name of Attorney Kiarash Shampoo AKA Kia Champion AKA Kia Shampoo Champion...."
- "I ordered some items for Valentine Day, early, on 12/30/15. On the 6th, I realized they had not shipped as yet, so I requested a refund. Ironically, it was shipped..."
- "I accidentally re-ordered a package for a custom logo. Immediately realizing my error, I contacted Logo Loft with the duplicate order number to cancel. They had already credited..."
- "I was in accident (my fault)....I have Geico (my fault).... I rear-ended the vehicle in front of me...my air bag went off as did the passenger curtain (no passenger). The..."
- "Hi Hermes leather sucks. Replaced the leather belt once after making the customer wait for 4months. The replaced leather not same as the orginal one bought ,but accepted it knowing the wait..."